My niece usually stays over every weekend as we work on orders. This time round, we finished our orders pretty early, so as we were lazing around in the bed, we ended up talking about desserts. She wanted fudgy brownies and obviously I had to make some for her. #trophyaunt
Another not-so-fun-fact about me is that I am not a brownie person. I mean I’m not even huge on chocolates. Obviously there are certain times when chocolate is a desperate need. “
Time of the month”.
Make me choose between a chocolate chip cookie and a shortbread, I’d rather go with the shortbread. Tell me to choose between that rich chocolate cake and a strawberry cake; I will go with the latter. I guess you got my point.
This brownie was really easy & quick to make and obviously it was decadent, fudgy, goey and rich; all at once! As we baked these brownies during the night time, I had a slice of it once it was out of the oven. I dunno what happened but somehow I ate another two slices the next day. I am just glad that I packed most of the brownies for my niece and her family. I mean how did i get this weak? *Wiping chocolate off the corners of my mouth*
There are times when you’re supposed to bring something to a party but you seriously don’t have the time? This is the recipe for you precisely for those occasions. I mean, it’s just eggs, sugar, flour, butter and cocoa all chucked into ONE bowl. Really basic ingredients and method for this. Aren’t the simplest recipes usually the best ones?
Do give this Fudgy Brownie Recipe a try, whether to bring it to a party to share it with your friends or you just wanna chillax on the sofa on a Friday night, while watching re-runs of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Crisp, crackly tops and warm gooey insides. Why wouldn’t you?!
I have a reel of this recipe on Instagram. Go and watch!
- 240g butter, melted and cooled
- 30ml vegetable oil
- 250g white sugar
- 200g light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp salt
- 130g all purpose flour
- 100g good quality, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 200g chocolate chips
- More sea-salt for topping, if preferred
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Lightly grease an 10x10 -inch baking pan.
- Line with baking paper and set aside.
- Combine melted butter, oil and sugars together in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk well to combine. Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Add in cocoa powder, flour and salt until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top out evenly, and top with salt, if preferred.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before slicing into 16 brownies. They’ll set while they cool.