Certain things just hits you differently when the weather is cold. A steaming bowl of soup becomes a cozy haven, churros dusted with cinnamon sugar and a mug of hot chocolate paint a vivid picture of comfort and delight. Personally I feel apples and spices absolutely scream comfort too. Be it a warm apple pie, a spiced cider, or just a simple baked apple sprinkled with cinnamon, the aroma alone is enough to transport you to a cozy winter cabin.
This is why I am sharing this delightful Spiced Apple Mocktail. It’s a symphony of bubbly refreshment and a touch of comforting spices guaranteed to bring warmth from the inside out. Chilled apple cider poured over crushed ice, mixed with ginger ale. There’s also the caramel + spiced rimmed glasses that makes your taste buds do a little jiggle-jiggle. And to complete the picture, top the mocktail with slices of apple and cinnamon sticks, a perfect festive garnish for the perfect festive drink.
Do give this recipe a try people. With just a few simple ingredients, this holiday cocktail is ready to go within minutes, leaving you with plenty of time to spend gathered around the table with your loved friends and family.
- 500ml apple cider
- 250ml ginger ale
- 1 tbsp caramel (or a wedge of citrus)
- Salt + cinnamon sugar + cayenne, for the rim
- Apple slices and cinnamon sticks for garnishing
- Rim your classes with caramel. You can also rim your glass with a wedge of citrus.
- Mix salt, cinnamon sugar + cayenne on a plate. Rim your classes with this mixture.
- Fill the glasses with some ice.
- Add the apple cider and ginger ale.
- Garnish with sliced apples and a cinnamon stick!