How are we almost into February? January flew by in a blur! Didn’t we just clink glasses for the new year? Guess it’s true what they say about January being a trial month after all. Here’s to hoping that February brings more unforgettable moments and gives me some quality time to relax before Ramadan arrives in just 5 weeks!
By the way, how’s your 2024 shaping up so far?
Let’s dive into the world of salads today. I love a good plate of hearty salad. One with protein + carbs. In this case, chicken tenders and penne. This Chicken Caesar Salad Pasta is just delicious! It’s like the best of both worlds; the creamy, garlicky goodness of a Caesar salad combined with the satisfying comfort of pasta which also adds up as a hearty base. The chicken is also very flavorful and along with the romaine, it makes this salad, a textural thrill ride.
I opted for store-bought Caesar dressing for convenience but you can also whip up your creamy concoction with anchovies, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and Parmesan cheese. The croutons gave an added texture to the salad, but you can also use toasted nuts for that added crunch.
I highly recommend giving this recipe a shot, folks! This Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad is easy to put together and it is a meal prep heaven in terms of flavor and ease. Whether you’re packing a lunchbox, planning a picnic, contributing to a potluck, or simply seeking a light dinner option, this Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad ticks all the boxes for a crowd-pleasing choice.
- For the chicken:
- 300g Chicken fillets
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning/Mixed herbs
- 1 tsp Grated garlic
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- For the Caesar pasts salad:
- 200g Penne, cooked as per packaging instructions
- 2 cups shredded Romaine
- 1 cup halved Cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup homemade or store-bought Caesar dressing (I used Kewpie caesar dressing)
- 1 small red Onion, sliced
- ½ cup Croutons
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- Season the chicken fillets with black pepper, mixed herbs, salt and grated garlic.
- Heat a pan with the olive oil and pan fry the chicken fillets till brown and cooked. Set aside
- In a big bowl, mix in Caesar dressing, lemon juice and black pepper.
- Mix in penne, cherry tomatoes, onion and romaine.
- Toss well and mix in shaved parmesan.
- Top with chicken, cut into chunks and the croutons.