I love pasta. I mean it has to be my Italian blood. I definitely do not have the looks, the suave, or the accent but I swear I feel that I have Italian flavors in my soul so I guess I can consider myself half Italian. We Italians *coughs* love our pasta and Italian cuisine is also well known for its diverse variety of pasta.
Spaghetti has always been a favorite of mine and I am a huge fan of tomato based pasta. I do enjoy a good creamy pasta, but when it comes to the red sauce ones, I can eat loads!
I personally think that pasta dishes are mostly easy to cook. I love cooking pasta and it is my “go-to-dish” for busy days. Pasta is mostly very versatile and you can easily get dinner on the table in 30 minutes.
Preparing this pasta was a breeze. You can use whichever seafood you have in hand. I used prawns and squids as that was what I had but I bet adding mussels and clams would be delish too! Or even scallops.
The seafood, along with mushrooms, tomatoes, parmesan cheese and a touch of cream made this a delicious pasta dish. Perfect for a family meal, even a dinner party or dare I say, can even fit into a romantic meal for two.
Enjoy this Easy Seafood Pasta Recipe any night of the week with a tossed salad by the side. Everyone should enjoy this wonderful recipe and it should not be restricted to Italians like me. *winks*
- 200g spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic clove, chopped
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 300g shelled prawns
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 100g fresh button mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 3 tbsp cream
- ¼ cup Parmesan
- Some parsley/basil for garnishing (I used spring onion coz that is what I had)
- Some cherry tomatoes for garnishing
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp mixed herbs
- Salt and crushed black pepper to season
- Cook spaghetti till al dente.
- In a pan, fry onion for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add in mushroom, stock, paprika, and canned tomatoes.
- Season with salt and black pepper. Bring this to a boil and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add in seafood, mixed herbs and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Mix in spaghetti and give it a good toss.
- Pour in cream and sprinkle with a good handful of parmesan.
- Garnish with your herbs of choice and serve