Hi and hello from the-not-so-sunny-island. Yup, just last week I mentioned sunny island and this week it has been raining cats and dogs with ferocious thunderstorms. I’m not complaining because I LOVE rains but damn, I definitely need a dryer or else I have to start cutting dresses out of trash bags.
What else? I would personally say a bowl of pasta that is loaded with cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil, just like this Caprese Chicken Pasta recipe that I am sharing today.
This Caprese chicken pasta is fast and easy to prepare and it is made with simple, wholesome ingredients. The cherry tomatoes will get a little bursty and the parmesan + melting chunks of mozzarella will make the pasta slightly creamy. Chunks of chicken are optional but why not, right? Obviously, you can opt for other proteins such as shrimps too. Feel free to omit the chicken for a vegetarian version. My
green-lover best friend must be smiling big now.
Anyways, I love how easy this pasta is. Something you can make in about half an hour. A perfect reminder that delicious food does not have to be complicated. By the way, If you all didn’t know, I am obsessed with fresh mozzarella. Slices of juicy tomatoes + fresh mozzarella + fresh basil, seasoned with salt, black pepper, and a drizzle of EVOO. That is my Love language.
Do yourself a favor. Go to the supermarket, grab some pasta, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and make this. This Caprese Chicken Pasta is perfect for dinner but the leftovers are equally good for next day’s lunch OR a bedtime snack. Who’s judging anyway. At least not this girl who would soon be in a black-trash-bag-dress should the rain decide to persist.
- 300g boneless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- Half a packet of Fettuccine (250g)
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced/grated
- ¼ cup of grated parmesan
- 125g of fresh mozzarella, cut into chunks
- Fresh basil
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Chili flakes
- Fill a large pot with water, add a tsp of salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package instructions.
- Reserve about 1 cup of the starchy cooking water before draining the pasta and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add about 2 tablespoons of oil. Once hot, add the chicken, season with some salt and black pepper. Cook until fully cooked and remove the chicken to a plate.
- In the same skillet, add another 2 tablespoons of oil and saute the garlic for 30 seconds or so.
- Add the tomatoes and season with salt and black pepper. Let this cook for about 6-7 minutes.
- Add pasta water and let it boil for a good 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in chili flakes, pasta, parmesan and mix well.
- Add in the cooked chicken and season with salt and pepper and let this cook for another minute.
- Once everything is well tossed, add in basil and fresh mozzarella.
- Serve with extra chili flakes on top.