Today I introduce to you my new friend: Chimi. It all started with my niece wanting to eat more salmon after this Creamy Garlic Butter Salmon, She said she was “dreaming” of that cookout and I took it as a sign she wanted to eat some salmon. I really wouldn’t mind a “Best Aunt Award” especially after whipping up this uh-mazing Salmon with Chimichurri Sauce. Yes, this is the new friend I was talking about aka Chimmi. She is definitely here to stay for a long, long time.
I started by seasoning some salmon with garlic, salt, pepper and mixed herbs. The salmon is pan-fried and served with a side of the chimichurri sauce.
Chimichurri is a delicious sauce made using parsley or cilantro with garlic and olive oil. I used a mix of both parsley and coriander as I like how they tasted together. A classic chimichurri would usually use red wine vinegar but I substitute it with lemon juice instead. The sauce paired perfectly with the pan-fried salmon that I am officially declaring this is my favourite salmon recipe ever!!!
I seared some asparagus to serve with these Salmon with Chimichurri Sauce. Mashed potatoes would be incredible too, or even mushy peas! This whole dish took me less than 30 minutes to bring together. Easy and delicious, what’s not to love? I already bought more salmon to encore this dish.
You, my friend please do yourself a favour and create this dish in your kitchen too. If you are not a salmon fan, you would be happy to know that this chimichurri sauce would go with anything and make it absolutely delightful. Prawns, chicken or even spoon on top of burgers. I repeat, this sauce will go on ANYTHING.
Check out the video below.
- For the salmon
- 600g salmon, cut into large cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- ½ tsp mixed herbs
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 2 red chillies, sliced
- ¾ tsp dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 300g asparagus
- A fat pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Place all the ingredients in a chopper/food processor and process till slightly fine.
- Alternatively, if you don't have a chopper, you can manually chop all the ingredients.
- Allow the sauce sit for 5-10 minutes to release all of the flavours into the oil before using.
- Chimichurri can be prepared earlier than needed, and refrigerated for 24 hours if needed.
- In a bowl, combine the salmon with the garlic, mixed herbs, salt and black pepper.
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Pan fry salmon till cooked. Remove from pan and place on a plate.
- Give the same pan a wipe with some paper towels and place 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Sear the asparagus and season with salt and pepper