Have you ever wondered if there is something that you have to eat every day, what would it be? Honestly speaking, If I have to eat this Roasted Vegetable with Creamy Garlic Dressing every day, I’d be a happy girl! I mean I do enjoy cheese on bread and pasta but deep down I know that it’s not something I can eat on a daily basis.
These roasted veggies, on the other hand, are something I would love to eat every day. You may be thinking in your head “Well If you love these vegetables so much Maya, why don’t you just make them daily? You might even shrink into Gigi Hadid body type!”
Firstly what’s with the body-shaming huh? Well truthfully, I am just tooo lazy to cut up a lot of vegetables. I’m pretty sure Gigi Hadid has a domestic helper who chops up the veggies for her. Moreover, have you seen the prices of groceries lately?? This butternut squash was so expensive that it almost created a tiny hole in my purse. So no daily roasted veggies for me till the time it rains money or I somehow inherit a farm where I can grow my own produces. Every other girl dreams to own a Chanel, or a Gucci, however, in my case, I just want a space where I can grow my own vegetables. Ok and maybe a trip to Paris. Of course I wouldn’t mind getting a black Chanel while I’m there. Anyone listening?
Anyways, my mom also enjoy these roasted veggies. I would randomly switch the veggies when I make these but pumpkin and cauliflower is always a constant. I love how the pumpkin gets all sweet and almost candy-like while the cauliflower gets all soft and yummy! You can also roast veggies like Brussel sprouts, asparagus, fennel and cherry tomatoes. I enjoy the vegetables when they are really well roasted. All shrank up and charred and the broccoli looked like someone set it on fire. Yup, I like it that way. You can obviously reduce the roasting time if you want your veggies slightly crunchy.
Although these roasted vegetables are great when consumed stand-alone, I like to make a sauce as an accompaniment. This garlic dressing is velvety, creamy yet tangy and it is just the PERFECT sauce with these roasted vegetables. I used a mix of yogurt and mayonnaise in the sauce, but feel free to do all yogurt if you are anti-mayo. Sour cream would work too! I added garlic to the sauce so you get a nice hint of garlic to it, not like vampire-garlicky but just enough for that subtle kick. I love to spoon the sauce over the vegetables and eat a huge plate of this. I can inhale plates of these. I swear this is my food heaven.
If you are not into vegetables, these Roasted Vegetables with Creamy Garlic Dressing are gonna be a game changer. It’s just hard to go wrong with roasted vegetables, the type that has been well seasoned and browned to such delicious perfection and obviously there is that sauce that you’ll want to spoon on everything! This is also an easy way to eat more vegetables because you’ll catch yourself inhaling them right off the sheet pan. True story!
- ½ pumpkin/butternut squash - cut into 1-inch pieces
- 200g baby potatoes, halved
- ½ cup baby carrots
- 8 mini bell peppers, deseeded and halved
- 1 small zucchini, end trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small broccoli crown, cut into small florets
- 1 small cauliflower crown, cut into small florets
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced/grated
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp Greek/plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- *add a little water to the sauce if it is too thick
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade and set aside.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing and keep in the fridge till ready to serve
- Place all of the vegetables on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with the marinade and spread into an even layer, roast for about 45 minutes.
- Give the vegetables a toss occasionally.
- Drizzle with the sauce to serve.