Ah I am missing December already! I love Christmas and kindly spare me the preaching that I am not supposed to celebrate Christmas. I am just celebrating the festival of food and presents. I enjoy shopping for Christmas presents and I am so going to start soon! I don’t think it’s ever too soon to get excited about Christmas. The smells of Christmas will start to permeate the air and cinnamon/pumpkin spice will fill you with a warm feeling.
Of course, certain individuals will bemoan the fact that Christmas is the same every year. Well, Christmas feels magical to me and I rather embrace this rather than fight against it.
Christmas always means that Starbucks would start dishing out sticky toffee cakes and pumpkin spice latte! Even though I do not consume coffee, i love the smell of pumpkin spice. If I could, I would just sprinkle it up in the air like confetti.
Christmas reminds me of mocktails as well. As you can see, I have a red sangria today since I am already feeling the Christmas spirit. A sangria is good for Christmas but a Red one? Come ‘on, this HAS to be the perfect drink for Christmas.
This Non-Alcoholic Strawberry Sangria is fizzy, minty, slightly sweet and packed with strawberries and lime. The flavors really came through and it was so refreshingly delightful. Since it is non-alcoholic, it is suitable for everyone from that little niece of yours to your heavily pregnant cousin and of course, this is a must for your uncle who starts to create a scene whenever he gets too drunk. We do not want a scene on Christmas right?
Obviously, this Strawberry Sangria is not just for Christmas alone. Think about a day by the beach, with your shades on, soaking up the sun and drinking glasses of this Sangria all day long. How perfect does that sound?
I guarantee you will love the freshness of this Non-Alcoholic Strawberry Sangria. Why serve old plain soft drinks when you can up it by a notch? I have been on a mission to give all types of mocktails a try. For more ideas on mocktails, you can click the links below. I mean everyone needs options, right?
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup water
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1L sprite or sparkling apple/white grape juice
- ½ cup sliced strawberries, for garnishing
- Place the chopped strawberries, sugar, and water in a saucepan set over medium heat.
- Simmer for about 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened.
- Pour the strawberry mixture over a fine mesh strainer to collect the syrup. Use the back of a spoon to press the strawberries against the strainer, extracting as much syrup as possible.
- Set this aside.
- In a pitcher, combine the strawberry syrup, lime juice, sliced strawberries and your beverage of choice.
- Chill for several hours to allow the flavors to combine. Serve chilled over ice.