Hang on a second, I’m just reflecting on the fact that this is going to be the last post of 2017…
2018 in 3…2…days!
Time is moving way too fast and I am having a hard time chasing it. The struggle is real. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to better things in 2018. HOPEFULLY.
So here we are again, at that time of the year, where we make all kind of resolutions to usher in the new year. A time for people to reflect on their past year and strive to make positive changes for the new year. How many percentage of us actually succeed? I’m pretty sure that the statistics are as low as the number of people who can quit eating desserts. I for sure have been having the same resolution every single year. Shame on me, I know and you might think that since I did not fulfill most of my resolutions, this would stop me from making new ones, right? You are so wrong cause I’m so ready for even more resolutions. *Takes out pen and start jotting down*
1) Have a healthier lifestyle. This one has been on the list, EVERY DAMN YEAR.
2) Try out new recipes. Start using the recipes in the 104939 cookbooks that I have.
3) Be more productive and learn to multi-task like a pro.
4) Stop buying groceries that aren’t needed. I have a fetish for groceries shopping and It is a dangerous addiction.
5) Improve on Arabic reading.
I have more running in my head but I think I shall not be over-ambitious.. As much as I long grocery shopping, it can be daunting when your list of New Year’s resolutions are as big as your grocery shopping list.
Anyhow, what are the plans for New Year guys? I know I am going to be bumming around while slurping glasses of this Non-Alcoholic Mojito. <3
Mojito is actually a traditional Cuban cocktail, made with rum, a sweetener, carbonated water, lime and mint. Mine is a non-alcoholic version since I do not consume alcohol. This Non-Alcoholic Mojito combines all of the flavors of the original without you getting drunk. 😉 You know sometimes at a party, adults get served all the fancy drinks and the kids want it too? This drink is good for the kids if they too want some fancy beverage. In fact, on some days, you may find yourself in the mood for a cocktail, but not for the alcohol content, this is the perfect drink for you.
This drink starts with limes and mint. Muddle the 2 ingredients together so that the flavors mix beautifully. You then mix in some sugar/simple syrupand carbonated water to get this great drink which hydrate, refresh, and tickle your taste buds. Yumz!
So lovelies, let’s usher in the New Year with a glass of this refreshing and puckery drink before we start working on the resolutions, shall we?
What is your new year’s resolutions by the way?
- 2 cups Sparkling water/soda or 7 up if you prefer
- 2 whole lime, sliced
- 10 mint leaves
- 2 tbsps sugar (omit/use less if using 7up)
- Set aside 2 slices of lime for garnishing.
- Muddle the rest of the lime slices, sugar and mint
leavesuntil they release some juices.
- Top with the sparkling water/7up.
- Strain this mixture if you prefer not to have mint bits in your drink.
- Place ice into 2 glasses and top with the drink.
- Garnish with a slice of lime and mint leaves.
My favourite drink and now I know how to make it the proper way. Thanks!
I love how refreshing it is!