Hello folks. About a month to Christmas. Are you excited yet?
I’m a November born so this month feels like Christmas already with a lot of gifts and love from near ones. Missed my brother badly on my birthday but I am still blessed to have a lot of people around me who really care. My cousins even surprised me with a Thermomix because I have always wanted one. Blessed much. I also got to go on my first staycation ever. A very much-needed retreat indeed. 🙂
Anyways, today I have an awesome Korean Chicken Wings Recipe to share. My mom loved it so much that she wanted more on the following day. That speaks volumes about the dish as my mom can be pretty picky.
I am not a fan of fried things. I mean all the aftermath of frying is not something I look forward to. Having said that, I do realize that some things are indeed better when fried, right? Things like French fries and in this case, chicken wings!
So, these Korean chicken wings start with you frying the wings till golden. When the wings are all nice and crispy, you then coat it in a sauce made from soy sauce, gochujang (Korean chili paste), honey..etc… You end up with these crispy, sticky chicken wings that are so addictive and lip-smacking! Gochujang is easily available now and I strongly recommend you to use it so as to get the authentic Korean flavor.
This Korean chicken wings recipe is a keeper, and you must have a go at this at least once and I am pretty sure you’ll keep repeating it! These chicken wings make great party food or you can make these when you have a lot of friends over for a football game. To be frank, I don’t see why you even need to have any specific occasion to make this.
Check out the video below to see how the dish come together.
- 1kg chicken wings
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Oil, for frying
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 2cm ginger, grated
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tbsp gochujang, (Korean chili paste)
- 2 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Mix the flour, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Add enough water to form a thick batter.
- Add the chicken wings and mix well.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Once the oil is hot, fry the chicken wings in batched.
- Fry the wings till golden. Drain and set aside.
- In another pan, add sesame oil and saute garlic + ginger.
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce and stir until bubbling.
- Toss in the wings and mix well.
- Top with sesame seeds and scallions.