Isn’t the air fryer such an amazing invention? Fried food is always delicious and addictive but I do not enjoy the aftermath of deep frying and obviously, deep-fried food doesn’t have a reputation for being healthy. Nevertheless, I do enjoy fried food occasionally, especially things like nuggets, tater tots, and potato wedges, The air fryer is particularly good at cooking already-fried-and-frozen foods. It also removes some of the oil from the fried food!
Anyways we are doing Air Fried Thai Chicken Wings today. This golden deliciousness comes with a sauce that I guarantee you can’t stop dippin’!
The recipe is fairly simple with basic ingredients like fish sauce, soy, chilies..etc. You marinate the wings for at least two hours or overnight, grilling them in the air fryer. You can use the oven or over an open fire. You make a simple sauce that tastes authentically Thai. The sauce is a MUST and it is really what makes the chicken wings from an eight to a ten. You are gonna be begging for more and most probably want to dip anything and everything into that sauce.
Although grilled in an air fryer, these Air Fried Thai Chicken Wings are perfectly cooked with a glistening golden brown hue. Do give this recipe a try my dear friends. It uses very simple pantry ingredients that you most probably already have in the kitchen!
Although Chicken wings are normally thought of as finger food, these wings can be served as a main with steamed rice, noodles, or fried rice.
Go and try them now and if you try, please remember to tag me on Instagram.
- 4-8 bird's eye chilies (Depending on how spicy you prefer)
- 2 red chillis
- Small bunch of cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp Fish sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp Tamarind paste or 3 tbsp tamarind juice
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 600g Chicken wings
- Small bunch of cilantro + roots
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2cm ginger
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Blend all of the ingredients.
- Give it a taste, add more brown sugar if it is too sour to your liking.
- Some brand of fish sauce is a tad saltier than others, so If you find the sauce too salty, just add some water.
- Blend cilantro, cilantro roots, garlic, ginger and oil.
- Add the blended ingredients to the chicken.
- Mix in all the other remaining ingredients to the chicken and give it a good rub.
- Marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Place chicken wings in the air frying basket, spacing evenly and air fry at 180˚C for 8 minutes on 1 side.
- Baste the chicken with the remaining marinade as you are flipping them.
- Continue cooking for another 8 minutes on the other side or until chicken wings are golden brown.
- Serve with the sauce.