Crab rangoon has been popping up all over TikTok like mushrooms after a rain. The hashtag #crabrangoon has over 100 million views and it is still counting while I am typing this. So have you guys ever given the Crab rangoon recipe a try?
I might be a leeetle late for the party but I am a firm believer of better late than never. If you have not yet jumped the bandwagon on this one, it’s high time people. These crab rangoons are extremely popular in Chinese restaurants in the USA and why wouldn’t they?
So what is a crab rangoon?
Basically, it is a mixture of crab meat with cream cheese, garlic, Worcestershire sauce..etc. Wonton wrappers are used to wrap up the crabmeat filling. These little parcels are then fried and you get this super addictive and utterly delicious snack that is impossible not to love. Even though these crab rangoon are basically wontons but I love how the cream cheese gives it a “modern twist”. My family literally devoured a WHOLE tray of these!!
These crab rangoon are easy to make ahead of time in case you are planning to serve these while entertaining guests. Although artificial crabmeat is mostly being used, feel free to use real crab meat based on your personal preference. No one is going to judge you for being fancy. If you are a fan of wontons, you have to give these little golden parcels a try, I promise these are amazing and worth the effort! Why don’t you go to your Asian supermarket and pick up some wonton wrappers already?!!
- 250g crabstick
- 200g cream cheese
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 2 cloves garlic - grated
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Wonton wrappers
- Canola oil for frying
- Shred the crabstick.
- Add all of the other ingredients and mix well.
- Place about 1 teaspoon of the filling in the middle of a wonton wrapper.
- Dab some water on the outer edges of the wonton wrapper and fold the two ends of the wrapper together. Fold the other two ends to make a tiny parcel.
- Heat up a pot of oil for deep-frying and fry the crab rangoon until golden brown.
- Dish out on paper towels to drain the excess oil before serving with some chili sauce