It is already the ninth day of fast
And this is going ultrafast.
If a shooting star were to fly past,
I would have wished for Ramadan to last.
With my “original composition” above, it sure feels like the mojo is back!
Ramadan is moving at 100000000km/h. Not liking the pace really but loving this Easy Hummus Recipe though. In fact totally digging it. Hummus is one of the more popular Middle Eastern dips. It is delicious as a dip for veggies, pitas and it is also amazing as a spread/filling for your sandwiches. Roasted Garlic and Pumpkin Hummus are deeeeelicious too!
While the boss could be swimming
or skinny dipping in the cool waters of Goa, I have been religiously cooking daily. While his holidays involve the beautiful beaches and sand at Goa, mine involve cooking pans and baking trays in the kitchenette. How nice. I Hope you are having fun out there TM. I’m having fun myself, right in the comfort of my kitchenette. Don’t sense any sarcasm, coz there isn’t any. For real.
Back to this hummus. Creamy, garlic-y, perfect to dip with almost everything. Not forgetting healthy too! What not to love?
At times, I would spread a thick layer of hummus on a tortilla, top with cucumbers sticks, lettuce and tomatoes and roll it all up! So delicious! Stuffing it with slices of roasted chicken would be an added bonus and that would also multiply the delicious level by 3. So the formula would be Delicious x 3 = SuperDelicious.
Have this for dinner or breakfast everyday? Bring it on baby. No complaints.
- 1 16 oz can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- ¼ cup water
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice (taste accordingly)
- 1.5 tablespoons tahini
- 2 small cloves of garlic, crushed (use only 1 clove if you prefer yours mild)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- A dash of cayenne pepper
- If you do not like the raw taste of garlic, you can either saute the garlic in the olive oil for 30 seconds (till soft but not golden) or place the garlic in a low temperature oven for 10 mins.
- Alternatively you can just use the garlic fresh.
- Place chickpeas in a blender or food processor with garlic, olive oil, water, and salt. Blend or puree until very smooth,
- You can stream in a little bit more olive oil to help achieve a super creamy texture if the hummus is too thick.
- Serve with raw vegetables, pitas, tortillas or as a spread on your sandwiches or wraps.