Are you that kind of a person who wakes up the moment the alarm clock rings?
Or do you snooze?
I’m a snoozer.
I am not that sort of a person that you wanna invite for a breakfast of waffles and eggs at KFC because once I reach KFC, breakfast hours would be over. On the other hand, I am definitely that kinda friend that you want to keep cause I can serve breakfast up till 11 in the night. (Note: KFC serves breakfast till 11 in the morning ONLY) That kinda makes up for the snoozing part right? I am all for the concept of all day breakfast and I LOVE to have breakfast for dinner.
My ideas of the purrrrfect all day breakfast would be:
- Avocado Egg and Kale Panini
- Caramelized Onions, Mushroom and Avocado Quesadillas
- Banana Nutella Pancake
- Easy Tomato Bruschetta
- Corned Beef Potatoes and Eggs
Then I did these Bacon and Scrambled Egg, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with the Panini plates.
This time, I tried the waffle plates.
The first two waffles that I did were SO pretty. I CAN actually make pretty waffles now? And that too AT HOME? Shucks, I wanted to cry of happiness. I know most of you might have been making waffles from home for donkey years now, but hey, let me have my moment of glory too, ok?
I used Mdm Betty recipe for this. (Read: Betty Crocker)
Flour, milk, egg, vanilla, easy peasy. This 5 Minutes Fluffy Waffle Recipe was golden, slightly crispy on the outside, and soft and fluffy on the inside. Sighs. I could do with one or two of these lovely and finely textured waffles right now!
I topped mine with bananas, raspberries, Nutella and ice cream. You can obviously top yours with maple syrup, strawberry sauce, pecans, chocolate sauce, cool whip etc.
You can also just eat it with berries or some yogurt if you are health conscious
I don’t see a reason to snooze if this is breakfast. You have every reason to wake up to a plate of this. Raspberry stains on the napkins and chocolate remnants on the brims.
Now that is what I call a breakfast!
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup + 2 tbsp milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Fresh berries, if desired
- Heat waffle iron. (Waffle irons without a nonstick coating may need to be brushed with vegetable oil or sprayed with cooking spray before batter for each waffle is added.)
- In a large bowl, beat egg with wire whisk until fluffy.
- Beat in remaining ingredients except berries just until smooth.
- Pour slightly less than ¾ cup batter onto center of hot waffle iron.
- Close lid of waffle iron.
- Bake about 5 minutes or until steaming stops. Carefully remove waffle.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.