Pardon me for blowing my own trumpet, but I’m an absolute genius. I just turned a 4- ingredients icebox cake into a 3-ingredients recipe. How? Well, I just omitted the sugar. It was really not required.
Hello beautiful people! How are you guys doing? A lot going on my plate right now, and I am not even talking about food. Anyways Ramadan is in 2 weeks. Ain’t gonna be easy this year-round but still, I will try my best to share some recipes that would be good for iftar. 🙂
I made the famous 4-ingredient Biscoff Icebox Cake from Pinterest, but just as I said, the sugar was really not needed since both the biscoff biscuits and spread already have a good amount of sugar in them.
So the recipe starts with you whipping some cream and mixing it with some biscoff spread to make the mousse. You can also use any other cookie butter as per your personal preference. Then you layer the biscoff biscuits and mousse alternately. SUPER easy to make but the hardest part is, you have to keep it in the fridge for at least 24 hours. Most recipes will tell you to keep it in the fridge for 24 hours but speaking from my own experience, it started tasting really good after 48 hours of refrigeration. The biscuits turn soft and give you that cake-y texture. It was even MORE amazing after the third day. If I were you, I would actually make these 2 – 3 days in advance before serving it. The biscuits just turned into magical sheets of cake when it stays in the fridge for a couple of days! However, do remember to keep this out at room temperature for roughly 20 minutes before serving, as it makes the mousse all creamy and luscious.
This 3-Ingredient Biscoff Icebox Cake is the kinda dessert that is easy to make in big batches and therefore it is perfect for parties. Despite being a non-baked dessert, it cuts up well too! If you want to wow your guests, but still spend minimal time in the kitchen, you have to give this recipe a try!! It is really good and I am itching to make more of these very soon!
- 2 cups whipping cream
- ¾ cup Biscoff spread
- 2 packages Biscoff lotus cookies
- 2 tbsp Biscoff spread (for topping)
- Line a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Whip heavy cream until soft peaks.
- Add ¾ cup of Biscoff spread to the cream and mix well.
- Line pan with cookies. Top with ⅓ of the whipped cream
- Repeat layering 3 times, ending with a layer of cookies.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24-48 hours.
- Use the plastic wrap to lift the cake out of the pan and invert it on a board.
- Melt the 2 tbsp of biscoff spread for 10 seconds in the microwave.
- Pipe or spoon the biscoff spread over the cake.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!