Okay, who’s ready for a DELICIOUS yet quicky and easy 20 Minute Prawn and Corn Chowder Recipe?
Although I have not been blogging much, I have been painting the kitchen red. For someone who cooks/bakes a lot, I am also someone who skips breakfast, forget to eat lunch, too busy to eat kinda person. I am just not hungry when I’m busy, and meals in a day seem to pass by completely unnoticed. Who’s with me?
Sighs, but my friends, what can I say, there’s just something about soups that would prompt me to grab a bowl and spoon no matter how busy I am. Be it a classic chicken soup or a creamy one like this, it is always a game-set-match for me. I think it’s completely possible now that I think about it for me to just live on just soups. It is the epitome of back to basics, hearty comfort food.
Personally, I am not a fan of super thick soups. I like it relatively loose and creamy, yet also be brothy enough to slurp and I can dunk some good crusty bread in. If you cubed up the bread and toss it in some butter + EVOO + garlic + black pepper + mixed herbs, you would be a rock-star in everybody eyes. I mean people keep asking as to how I make such amazing croutons. #notexaggerating
So yes, back to this soup, I love how there is no crazy ingredients in here, just good old potatoes, onion, garlic, prawns..etc. This soup is so yummy yum and filling, most importantly it keeps well in the fridge for tomorrow’s lunch. Yesterday’s dinner is today’s lunch. My mantra and aspirational way of life.
This 20-minute Prawn and Corn Chowder recipe is fuss-free and hearty perfection in a bowl. Creamy, comforting with thick chunks of fresh prawns. Move over clam chowder, just move over.
- 600 g prawns, shelled and cubed
- 1 cup canned/frozen sweetcorn kernels
- 400 ml chicken stock
- 300 ml milk
- 100 ml cream
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped/grated
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ tsp mixed herbs
- Salt and black pepper to season
- Heat butter in a large saucepan, add onion and saute for 2 minutes
- Add red pepper and saute for another minute or two.
- Mix in garlic.
- Add flour and cook over low heat for 1 minute.
- Gradually add the stock, stirring continuously.
- Bring to a boil and add potato.
- Once the potato is cooked, add prawns and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in milk and season with salt, black pepper and mixed herbs.
- Add sweetcorn, cream and simmer for a few minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.