If you have always dreamt of swimming in a pool of chocolate, then this Moist and Delicious Chocolate Cupcakes is definitely the recipe for you.
I am not a huge fan of chocolate. Erm did you just widen your eyes in shock? Yeah I know, it’s like if you don’t LOVE chocolate, you do not not even belong to planet earth anymore. Talking about planets, I can’t help but wonder do aliens like chocolates too? Do they have kit kats and toblerone up there? Do they bake? Do they even have an oven? Can you imagine aliens making cupcakes? Aww…such a cute image that I have in my mind right now. Sorry for that diverted thought, you know at times it just happens. You get the most ridiculous of thoughts right? What do you mean by that doesn’t happen to you??
Almost everyone I know are such huge fans of chocolates. I have noticed as to how you can’t go wrong with bringing something chocolatey when you visit someone. The awws and wows that you get, makes you want to bake chocolate brownies or chocolate cookies every single day of your life, even if you ain’t gonna be eating that.
So, If you are a fan of chocolate, you can’t give this recipe a pass. It is just wrong. Period.
- ¾ cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup cocoa powdered
- 1.5 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 oz chocolate
- 3 oz butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5-7oz Icing sugar (start with 5 oz and add accordingly)
- Cream butter until softened. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Measure the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder into a medium sized bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add about a third of the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar and beat to combine. Add about a half of the milk and beat to combine.
- Continue adding, alternating between dry and wet and finishing with the dry.
- Mix in vanilla
- Scoop batter into cupcake cups about ¾’s full.
- Bake at 170D for about 25-30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Melt butter and chocolate using a double boiler.
- Once smooth and melted, gently whisk in vanilla.
- Whisk in icing sugar, a little at a time.
- Add in sour cream and cream till its satiny smooth.
- Keep it aside for a while to thicken. Do give it a stir once in a while.
- Frost once cupcakes are completely cool.