Wouldn’t it be amazing if you have a slice of warm blueberry pie waiting for you on your table in the morning? However on the flip side, would it be right to be inducing a sugar-laden meal to your body first thing in the morning? I would say yes, but I know I’m too lazy for that. Who has the energy to bake at such an early hour? Not me for sure!
While I’m a fan of dessert for breakfast, ideally breakfast should always be a tad healthier. That’s the “healthy me” talking. On other days, I just want pancakes topped with butter and doused in maple syrup.
If you are also like me and tend to have “healthy days”, this Blueberry Pie Smoothie is perfect for you. Deliciously creamy and full of energy-boosting ingredients that will fuel you till lunchtime.
You can either use frozen or fresh blueberries for this smoothie. Using frozen blueberries ensures you are not required to add ice, which would water down the smoothie. With the combination of milk, yogurt, banana, oats, pecans/almonds and spices, this tastes like blueberry pie.
This Blueberry Pie Smoothie is easy to prepare and best of all, it is packed with antioxidants that will get your day started on the right foot. Go and make yourself one of these today, grab a straw and sip away!
- 400 ml fresh milk (or any other milk of your choice)
- ⅔ cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans/almonds (you can also use 1 tbsp of almond butter instead)
- 1 small banana, frozen (omit, if you are not a fan)
- 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place all ingredients into a blender and whirl away until smooth.
- Garnish smoothie with blueberries and rolled oats.