Hello, lovelies. 20 days of Ramadan have literally flown away and we are down to the last 10 days. In conjunction with the upcoming Eid festival, I am sharing a simple Viennese Fingers Recipe that you can prepare for your guests this Eid. These chocolate-dipped fingers are delicious and buttery. Initially, these might look a little tricky to make, but they are actually really easy. It only uses 4 basic pantry ingredients. You can choose to dip it in any chocolate that you prefer; be it dark, milk or even white chocolate.
I love the look of these piped finger cookies. In fact, I used to sell so many of these but got tired of pipping thousands of it. This is why I am sharing this recipe so that you can recreate this at home. Crumbly shortbread fingers with a luxurious slather of chocolate plus the colorful little sprinkles. You know you need to have a bottle of these Viennese fingers on your coffee table during the upcoming Eid!
Viennese Fingers Recipe
Author: Maya Kitchenette
- 4 oz. salted butter at room temperature
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- 5 oz. plain flour
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 4 oz. compound chocolate, melted
- Sprinkles/hundreds and thousands
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- In a bowl, cream butter, vanilla and icing sugar till very soft.
- Add the flour and mix till thoroughly combined.
- Add the dough into a large pastry bag fitted with a 1M nozzle and pipe 4-5 inch lines onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until pale golden brown. Leave the cookies to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- Dip one end of each cookie into the melted chocolate and return them to the baking sheet/wire rack
- Top with sprinkles and allow them to set. You can also set the cookies in the fridge for 5 minutes.