When it comes to ice cream flavours, there are the crowd-pleasers like chocolate chip, chocolate fudge, cookie dough, basically #teamchocolate. Then there are those (read: Me) who instead enjoy fruity based ice cream like the raspberry ripple, blueberry and mango..this is just to name a few. One of my ultimate favourite flavours has to be Ben & Jerry’s Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream and today’s recipe is inspired by that amazing combination of flavours!
The best part of this recipe is that you do not need an ice cream maker even and the base of this ice cream is just 2 ingredients! Yup, this is that famous two-ingredient ice cream that uses whipping cream and that magical ingredient that makes everything that much more decadent: condensed milk. With just these two ingredients, it opens up the door to many other possibilities of flavours and creations, of course, think chocolate chip, mocha, peppermint. Basically whatever your heart desire.
I obviously had to do Strawberry Cheesecake Ice cream. I mean, what could be better than a vanilla-based ice cream with cream cheese, swirled with sweet strawberries and a buttery graham cracker crust. Every bite is creamy, tangy and oh so delicious. <3
WATCH THE VIDEO:
- 2 cups whipping cream
- ¾ cup condensed milk
- 150g cream cheese
- ½ cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp strawberry jam
- ½ cup chopped graham crackers
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Strawberries and graham crackers for topping (Optional)
- Combine the strawberries and jam in a small bowl and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the whipping cream till light and fluffy.
- Add the condensed milk and whip for another 30 seconds.
- Add the cream cheese and whip until well combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the strawberries and graham crackers.
- Transfer the mixture into a freezer-safe dish.
- Top with more strawberries and graham crackers if desired.
- Freeze for 6 to 8 hours.