What is your choice for comfort food? For me, pasta is definitely my comfort food! I love how I can dish out a delish and hearty pasta dish with let’s say just olive oil, garlic, sundried tomatoes, and chili flakes. Pastas recipes are also really flexible and adaptable according to the ingredients you have in hand! I have not tried, but I think I can live on pasta.
So today I would be sharing another pasta recipe; an inspiration from the dish I had from Pastamania. It’s Spaghetti Alla Salsiccia. Basically, it’s a tomato-based pasta with sausages and cheese. You can either use fresh tomatoes or canned chopped tomatoes if you prefer. I went ahead with the latter. Normally, fresh sausages are used but I used premium quality of smoked cheese sausages for convenience.
It is a simple yet absolutely delicious dish. It is also budget friendly which is especially good if you have a lot of mouths to feed! Whenever a dish uses few ingredients, I feel that you should use quality ones as the flavors really deserve your full attention. Like when you are making scones and since it uses very few ingredients, you want to use a particularly good quality butter so that the flavor really stands out. Make sense?
This Spaghetti Ala Salsiccia is pretty quick to make and it is everything how comfort food should be! I’m sure that once you’ve tried this, it will be a regular addition to your family menu repertoire. If you need more Pasta ideas, do check out this link
- 300g spaghetti
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped or grated
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 300g cheese sausage cocktails
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Black pepper, salt and chili flakes for seasoning
- Chopped parsley for garnishing
- Cook spaghetti in salted water till al-dente and reserve ½ cup of the pasta water.
- In a frying pan, add the oil and saute garlic for 30 mins. Add sausages and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Pour the canned tomatoes.
- Add dried herbs and mix in the 3 seasonings too.
- Add in ¼ cup of the pasta water, butter, and parmesan cheese and let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
- You can either pour the sauce over the pasta prior to serving or mix the pasta in the sauce and cook for a further 2 minutes. I pour the sauce over the pasta since I wanted it to look better in the photos.