Oh, It was my birthday last week. 2nd November to be exact. Had a small hotpot/bbq with the family. Small and cozy, pretty much perfect. I also had like 9 birthday cakes in total. My mantra is, the number of cakes you get on your birthday is a sign of how well-loved you are. Don’t feel unloved if you only had one cake on your birthday. I’ve no intention of planting that idea in your head. Although I had a whole lot of cakes, I didn’t really eat much. I mostly shared it around. I still have slices of the ice cream cakes in the freezer, for me to savor throughout November.
Also, I wanna say a shoutout to my best friend, TM. His bday was 2 days after mine. Happy Birthday, TM! Thank you for always being the first to read my blog post and also the first to like my youtube videos too. You are the best.
Anyways, So here I am presenting these Soft Cheese Muffins to you. A harmonious combination of cheddar, garlic, and butter; you know basically all the good kinds of stuff! Best of all, it’s so simple to make. Plus points for being effortless! I also love how soft these muffins are. No one appreciates the muffins that are hard and can be used as a tennis ball instead.
There are so many possibilities with this recipe. I can imagine you adding bacon, sundried tomatoes, or even feta to these!! In fact, if you are a fan of the sweet + salty combo, I reckon you can give these muffin tops a good brush of honey or maple syrup as well.
Do give these Soft Cheese Muffins a try. Golden crusty tops and fluffy moist insides, I promise this is going to be a hit with everyone. Make an extra batch and keep it in the fridge. Just pop these in the microwave or toaster and breakfast is served!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and please leave your feedback if you bake these!
- 75g salted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 300g Self raising flour
- 250g grated cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk (I used full cream)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup sour cream (or plain yoghurt)
- 1 whole egg
- ¼ cup sliced chives/spring onion
- 2 green chilis/jalapeno, sliced (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place butter and garlic in a microwave proof bowl and melt for 30-40 seconds.
- Brush a 12 hole standard muffin tin generously with the garlic butter. Reserve leftover for later.
- Place dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix gently.
- Add cheese till just incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Divide between the 12 holes muffin tin. Fill till almost the top.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the muffins are golden and crusty.
- Once out of the oven, brush with the remaining garlic butter.