Most of us are used to drinking lemonade and there is nothing unusual about it.
Sometime back, I made this Watermelon lemonade and thought “wow, I am so ahead in this lemonade game.” Reason is, this pretty-in-red lemonade is definitely more yummy and nutritious than the plain old lemonade!
I didn’t believe that I would be preparing yet another lemonade that would be equally delightful.
It’s green! It’s delicious! It’s a Cucumber lemonade!! You know how green juices are said to be beneficial for you right? The weather have been insanely hot and I have been drinking a lot of water and other beverages that would equal up to one swimming pool daily! Do you realize that sour drinks are always extra refreshing and it quenches your thirst better? If I am feeling that the rut is getting to me, a lemonade would actually satisfy me more than a yummy, creamy milkshake.
Apparently, research has shown that sour flavor stimulates salivation more than any other taste. A glass of acidic drink would actually give you a better hydration. I guess that explains as to how lemonades are mostly associated with summers.
This refreshing cucumber lemonade is not just delicious, clean and a great perk-me-up drink, but also an easy path to add more vitamins in our diet as cucumbers are nutritious. A yummy beverage that hydrates your body and replenishes daily vitamins as well?? WIN!
Lemons + cucumbers combined, spells summer fresh and cooling with a hint of sweetness. I love this stuff! The next time you are in a supermarket, skip the soda and grab a couple of lemons and cucumbers to make this magical hydrating lemonade instead! ♥
- 1 medium sized cucumber, peeled or unpeeled (See notes)
- Juice of 4 lemons
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar (You can also use agave/honey)
- 3 cups cold water
- Ice, to serve
- Cut cucumber into smaller chunks and blend this with 1 cup of water. You can also use a juicer to extract the juice.
- If using a blender, place a fine-mesh strainer over a jug and pour the cucumber juice through it. Discard the pulp.
- In the jug, add lemon juice, sugar and water.
- Give it a good stir and let it sit in the fridge to chill. The sugar would gradually melt on its own.
- Add more water or sugar if required.
- Serve over ice.