Here we are, just 3 days to Christmas and if you are still thinking of starters for your Christmas party? Well, my friends, look no further, today’s I have for you: Prawn Cocktail Recipe.
When I was making these, my brother who was at my house preparing to take his leave, took a whiff and decided he was staying for the party. Such was the allure of these prawns. 😀
Prawn/shrimp cocktails is a retro starter, made popular in Britain. You can either boil or pan fry them, but most recipes would just call you to boil some prawns but I saw Jamie Oliver pan-frying them and decided to try his rendition. The beautiful crimson prawns can then be served with a “Marie Rose Sauce” which is basically a pretty pastel pink cocktail sauce made from mayonnaise, tomato ketchup and a couple of dashes of Tabasco.
This Prawn Cocktail Recipe is easy peasy but still, W O W, now try this and imagine yourself somewhere fancy. That’s the cocktail of dreams.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- a clove of garlic
- 12 tiger prawns, deveined, peeled with tails on
- ¼ of an iceberg lettuce
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- Juice from ½ lemon
- A few dashes of Tabasco
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Crush and add the garlic, then add the prawns and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or till cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Alternatively, you can just boil the prawns in some water.
- For the Marie rose sauce, combine all the ingredients and set aside.
- Shred the lettuce and place in glasses.
- Add the peeled prawns, dollop with Marie rose sauce and finish with a tomato.