All mussels fans, put your hands up, put your hands up. Did you rap to that line? Cause I totally did.
I personally love mussels and often when it’s on the menu, I would cook it in a broth. I would just boil it with some aromatics (garlic, ginger, shallots, lemongrass) and serve it with a dipping sauce.
Today, I am sharing another easy recipe to cook mussels. A simple garlic and lemon sauce. With countless Christmas Movies/Specials to catch on Netflix, simple is more than welcome. Obviously the simplest flavours sometimes really bring out the best flavour, you know you don’t need to pull a muscle with these mussels. *wink*
These Mussels In Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce recipe is definitely foolproof and can be adapted to your taste, and in less than 30 minutes, you are treated to a lip-smacking dish that is good even the next day. I served these with some buttery garlic bread by the side to mop up the delicious sauce. This recipe works equally well with prawns and fish too! Talk about versatility aye?
Note: Although it is best to use fresh mussels, if you can’t get any, good quality frozen mussels would do too!
WATCH HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
- 500g mussels
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, cubed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tbsp chilli flakes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup Parsley, chopped
- Add oil in a skillet/pot.
- Melt the Butter.
- Saute the onion for 2 minutes
- Add garlic and chilli flakes and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken stock and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and lemon zest.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Mix in the lemon juice.
- Add the mussels and cover the skillet.
- Let the mussels cook for a few minutes.
- Garnish with parsley