What’s baking folks? Its Mexican Wedding Cookies over here! Little snowball of cookies filled with pieces of pecans in every bite. Buttery and their melt-in-the-mouth texture would be a hit among kids and adults alike.
Although I used pecans in this recipe, it is perfectly okay to use walnuts too. Do give these Mexican Wedding Cookies recipe a try as they are really simple and uses only a few ingredients to make. Perfect for the upcoming Eid if you do not have time to spend hours in the kitchen.
If you need more ideas for Eid baking, do check out the below recipes.
- 115g Salted butter, softened
- 40g icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 140g all purpose flour
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted for 5 minutes
- More icing sugar for rolling the cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 170.C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. This is optional.
- In a bowl, mix butter, icing sugar and vanilla till well mixed.
- Add the pecans and the flour. Mix till you get a nice dough.
- Take about ½ tablespoon of dough and roll into balls between your palms. Place 1-inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the tops are set and the bottoms are golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool on the pans for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, place about ½ cup of icing sugar and roll the warm cookies in the sugar.
- Let it cook completely and store in an airtight container.