Hello you! Today’s post is especially to get rid of those Monday blues, introducing these perfectly synced Salted Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies! #saynotomondayblues
This is definitely not a skinny Monday post! We are almost halfway through January already and if you have been good and eating a little cleaner, you deserve a tasty, buttery, chocolate chip cookie. Even if haven’t been, fret not, there’s always 2 more weeks of January left and you should just go ahead love these Salted Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Chocolate chunks, chocolate chips, pretzels pieces and flaky sea salt. What not to love?? I simply adore the combination of sweet and salty together. You won’t be able to stop at just one and keep popping these like popcorn.
After baking for 16 minutes, the cookies were slightly crisp on the edges but soft and chewy at the centre. If you prefer your cookies a tad crunchier, bake it for roughly 25 minutes. This is optional, but these Salted Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies are especially yummy with a glass of milk!
Either way, this is a treat. Don’t you just wish cookies were some kinda superfood? If only it was right there at the bottom of the pyramid next to the kale and collard greens…
A girl can dream after all. Sighs!
Watch the video recipe
Salted Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
Author: Maya Kitchenette
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chopped pretzels
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chunks
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp flaked sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set it aside.
- In another large bowl, using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract. Mix well. Add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture and mix until the dough forms.
- Fold in the pretzels, chocolate chunks and chocolate chips
- Using 1 spoon or ice cream scoop, place the dough onto the baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies until they are lightly golden, about 16 to 18 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and top them with some flaked sea salt.
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly before enjoying.