I know buying a pizza is easy. In fact too easy. However, there are days when you don’t feel like spending moolah on fast food and there are also certain days where pizza delivery takes too long a time to reach your hungry tummy. In my case, I had leftovers that could easily be used as toppings on a pizza and it took me approximately 15 minutes to make this. Move over pizza hut and make way for this Easy Stovetop Pizza.
Yup, this is that infamous two ingredients pizza crust. No yeast, no eggs, just self raising flour and yogurt. You can use Greek yogurt based on your preference and actually even plain yogurt would work on this. No fancy equipment is needed. You can top your pizza with whatever that is available and this recipe makes one 12-inch pizza or you can make two 6 – inches pizza crusts instead. With this fool-proof recipe, the world is really your oyster.
Due to the simplicity of this Easy Stovetop Pizza, it is an ideal project if you need something for your little ones to get busy with! Oh btw, I have read somewhere that you can make bagels out of this dough too?! I shall give that a try sometime soon.
In the meantime, watch the video below!
- 1 ¾ cups self-rising flour (220g)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup Greek/plain yogurt (245g)
- Tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pizza toppings (I used peppers, onion and prawns)
- In a large bowl, mix the self-rising flour and salt.
- Add yogurt until it comes together to form a ball.
- Divide the dough into 2 balls if you are making two 6-inch pizzas. Alternatively you can make one 12-inch pizza too.
- Lightly grease a frying pan with olive oil.
- For the 6 inch pizza, place 1 ball on the frying pan and use your hands to begin flattening and shaping the rough into a 6 inch round.
- On the heat and cook the crust on 1 side till golden.
- Flip, top the cooked side with the tomato sauce, your desired toppings and half of the cheese.
- Cover the pan and cook till the cheese melts.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the crust has turned golden-brown.
- Repeat with the other dough.
- Slice and serve.