Hello, lovelies. How have you guys been? Been a while since I shared a recipe here. 😊
So, I made this Easy stir-fried udon and posted a picture on IG stories, and had several people asking for it’s recipe. I thought it would be a good share too as we really enjoyed it very much! It is really easy, yet delicious. To those of you who are not familiar with udon, it is a Japanese noodle made mainly of wheat and water. It is awesome in broth and equally delicious as a stir-fry too!
This udon stir-fry is fuss-free, so If you have 20 minutes at your disposal, you are in for a treat. I used beef and prawns for this recipe but feel free to use chicken or any other protein you prefer. You can make it completely vegetarian too and if you love mushrooms, please add that to that udon. It adds such a lovely umami flavor to the dish. Don’t you love versatile recipes like this?
This Easy stir-fried udon recipe makes great leftovers too. I was not expecting it to reheat well, but surprisingly it did. I had it for lunch the next day and the udon was still soft and bouncy. So good!!!
Do check out the recipe and the associated recipe video below. I hope you give this a try. It is perfect for lazy afternoons or slightly busy nights. It is also a good make-ahead.
Things are not at all rosy currently and motivation is low, but I will try to be consistent with my content sharing from now onwards. To those of you who have stuck around, thank you. I promise to share more great recipes soon!
- 3 packets udon noodles - 600g
- 300g sliced beef
- 300g prawns, cleaned and deveined
- Greens (bak choy, caixin)
- Mushrooms (I used a mix of shitake and shimeji)
- 4 garlic, grated
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Red chilies - for garnishing
- Rinse the udon under cold water and drain.
- Heat your pan and add oil.
- Saute garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add beef and cook for a few minutes.
- Add prawns and cook for another minute.
- Mix in mushrooms and light soy sauce and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the udon and all of the sauces, except for the sesame oil.
- If the udon is too dry, you can add 2-3 tbsp of water at this point.
- Once the sauces and udon are well incorporated, drizzle sesame oil.
- Top with chilies and serve hot.