It’s Monday. So, what time is it? Remember what I said in a previous post?
For those who remembered, I heart thee. <3. For those who don’t, well it’s okay. I won’t blame you for not paying attention to me. 🙁
In 1 of my previous post, I said…
“Do you feel that you tend to eat cleaner on Mondays? Especially after all the things that you stuff yourself with over the weekend. The pizza, that slice of cheesecake and what-not. Does your mind tell you that you should be having a kale salad on a Monday or even a tabbouleh to detox from the damages done over the weekend? My mind sometimes works that way.”
Yup, so basically it is time to eat a salad!
You all might have known by now that I enjoy a good Salmon. I am also fussy about the taste and texture of the salmon. Nothing that is raw or under-cooked is meant for me. It has to be done right. I am not that kind of person who would marinate salmon with some salt and pepper and that’s it. I need flavors in my salmon for sure.
This Easy Miso Glazed Salmon recipe definitely fits the bill. The marinade for this salmon is a sweet and savoury mixture. The sweet coming from the brown sugar, the tang from the lemon juice, the salt from the miso and soy sauce and the heat from the chili and ginger. This is basically THE PERFECT salmon recipe.
Do give this Easy Miso Glazed Salmon a try as it is really good and so full of flavors. Serve it with your favorite salad or even with rice. I imagine it would be great with quinoa too. Oh, what about serving it on a bed of soba? Yumsss….endless possibilities I have to say.
By the way, did you guys notice that there are 2 plates of Salmon but only 1 fork? Well it is obvious that someone ended up having both the plates as the Salmon was THAT delicious!!
- 4 salmon fillets
- ⅓ cup brown sugar (60g)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp miso paste
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2-3 Thai chili chopped (seeded if you are not into spicy food)
- 3 cloves garlic smashed, minced/grated
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 210 C.
- In a large bowl, add brown sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice, sesame oil, ginger, miso, black pepper chopped chili and garlic.
- Give it a good whisk.
- Add the salmon fillets face down. Cover up and transfer to the fridge.
- Marinade for about 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the fillets on it.
- Add a few tbsp of the marinade to each filet.
- Grill for about 20 - 25 minutes or until golden.