Greetings, dear readers! How’s everyone feeling today?
Let’s dive straight into the world of culinary delights. As I sit here, stomach growling, I can think of nothing else but food – and I’m sure many of you can relate to that! *Grins*
Allow me to introduce you to a delectable dish: Easy Garlic Prawn Spaghetti. ! Made with simple ingredients, but the flavors are on-point. The prawns are cooked in garlicky butter which is obviously yumz! We’ve infused this dish with a hint of Asian influence, thanks to the enchanting trio of Chinese cuisine: oyster sauce, light soy sauce, and dark soy sauce.
This Easy Garlic Prawn Spaghetti is a versatile dish easily customized to your taste. For example, you can add vegetables like sliced mushrooms and bell peppers, or make it creamy with 1/2 cup of heavy cream added towards the end of cooking. Don’t you just love recipes that adapt to your preferences?
Do give this recipe for Easy Garlic Prawn Spaghetti a try. This recipe is your ticket to a quick and delightful weeknight meal, ready in under 30 minutes. And trust me, it’s a crowd-pleaser. Even the leftovers are a treat worth savoring!
- 200g spaghetti
- 400g prawns, shelled, deveined and cubed
- 75g salted butter
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped/grated
- 2.5 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
- A few stalks of spring onion, sliced
- Heat a large pot of salted water over high heat. When boiling, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Keep aside 1 cup of the pasta water.
- In a pan, add butter. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Mix in prawns and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Season with chili flakes, oyster sauce, dark soy sauce and light soy sauce.
- Add the spaghetti and ⅔ cup of the pasta water.
- Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed by the pasta and everything is looking super glossy and thick.
- Add parmesan cheese and top with the spring onion. Mix well. Give this a taste and season with salt if needed.
- Sprinkle with more spring onion and extra cheese, just before serving.