This is that kinda recipe when you do not have much time to cook but still want to put something on the table without spending your moolah on instant food ordering applications such as ubereats, grabfood etc. Another scenario could be that you are just too tired to cook after staying up the whole night having binge watched a whole series on Netflix. This is of course purely fictional, and not at all based on true events. 😉 *avoiding eye contact*
Fried noodles are a perfect way to create a quick and hearty one dish meal using whatever ingredients you may have in your fridge. Even though I used yellow noodles, however, there are several types of noodles so you can always opt for the type you personally prefer. To turn this into a vegetarian version, just skip the prawns, fishballs and fishcake. You can substitute them with mushrooms or even use tofu in case you want that added protein.
Noodles are a super easy comfort food! This recipe gets done in like 30 minutes, from start to finish. With minimal efforts and time required, what not to love about it? I urge you to give this Easy Fried Noodles recipe a try. Fill a bowl with these noodles, top with fried shallots and pickled green chili. I am pretty sure you would be returning for seconds, thirds or even fourths.
If you give this recipe or any of my recipes a try, do let me know! Leave a comment below this post or tag me @mayakitchenette on Instagram! I’d love to see your creations.
- 600g yellow/hokkien noodles (or your preferred noodles)
- 300g prawns
- 200g fishballs
- 200g fishcake
- 2 cups greens (kailan, bok choy or mustard leaves)
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped/grated
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Garnishing: 2 red chilies, sliced
- In a wok or large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat and sauté the garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Add prawns and cook till it changes colour.
- Add in fishballs, fishcake and carrot.
- Add in water, soy sauce and oyster sauce.
- Stir in the noodles, greens and sliced tomato.
- Season with pepper and sesame oil and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Top with red chilies.