I know (almost) everyone loves Friday and that explains why TGIF is a popular acronym. Friday is often associated with fun and relaxation, but it’s the opposite for me. Fridays to Sundays are usually crazy busy, so I eagerly anticipate Mondays as a day to rest and recharge. I typically sleep in, order food instead of cooking, and do things I enjoy, like blogging.
Since Mondays can be a drag for most people, you probably need a quick and easy meal to cook. This Easy Farfalle Veggie Pasta is a great option because it’s quick and simple to make. I used mixed peppers and tomatoes in this recipe, but you can add any vegetables you have on hand, such as eggplant, zucchini, or asparagus. I also love to add rocket (also known as arugula), which is a herb with a peppery, slightly bitter flavor that adds a unique kick to pastas. Rocket is also a good source of vitamins, so this recipe is a delicious way to get your daily dose of vegetables.
This Easy Farfalle Veggie Pasta is a versatile recipe that can be easily adapted to your preference. Feel free to add a protein of your choice, such as chicken, shrimp, or bacon, to make it a more substantial meal. If you’re looking for a quick and healthy meal, do give this recipe a try. You can get a delicious and satisfying meal on the table in no time!
- 250g farfalle (or any other pasta) - cooked as per instructions on packaging
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150g feta block of feta
- 2 mixed color peppers, cubed
- 1 red onion, cubed
- 5 garlic cloves, grated/chopped
- 60g rocket
- ½ cup pasta water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Salt to season
- In a non stick pan, dry roast the peppers till slightly char/soften.
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 2 minutes
- Mix in the tomatoes.
- Add salt, black pepper, chili flakes and oregano.
- Add ½ cup of pasta water.
- Mix in feta and let this cook down for a few minutes.
- Toss in the pasta, breaking up the feta as you go.
- Finally add the rocket and cook for another minute.