The recipe I am sharing today uses really few ingredients BUT the ones used in it are power-packed with flavors.
- Curry leaves.
Garlic and butter are two of my favorite ingredients. These two ingredients can actually do a lot on their own. Curry leaves on the other hand are very aromatic and commonly used in southern Indian cuisine. These three ingredients brought together turned this simple recipe into a knockout dish.
There are many ways to go about with this dish. You can opt to dip the prawns in a batter and deep-fry it before coating it with the sauce. But this would also mean that it is best eaten on the spot. With this recipe, you can keep leftovers for the next few days, and it would still be good! If simple means delicious, let’s do simple then!!
This Butter prawns dish is commonly found in a lot of Asian restaurants. You might be tempted to omit the curry leaves but please don’t even think about it. The curry leaves are critical for the final outcome in this recipe. It makes this dish taste and smells amazing.
You definitely need to give this Easy Butter Prawn Recipe a try. Succulent prawns in a buttery, garlicky and creamy sauce that is super simple but SO good. It makes a great cook ahead and perfect for meal prep too. Oh did I mention that this dish can be done in a jiffy? Less than 30 minutes y’all! Are you sold as yet?
Check out the recipe video below.
- 10 large tiger prawns
- ¾ - 1 cup of evaporated milk (depending on how saucy you want it to be)
- A small handful of curry leaves
- 3 cloves of garlic - minced
- 4 pieces of bird s eye chili - chopped
- ⅓ of a chicken bouillon cube (you can omit this and use salt instead too)
- Clean the prawns. Leave the prawn heads and shells on but cut off the eyes and sharp edges. Slit down the back to remove the veins. Pat dry.
- Heat up a pan with the oil, fry the prawn until it changes color.
- Drain and set aside.
- In another pan, melt butter.
- Saute the curry leaves for 20 seconds. Add the chopped chili and saute for another 20 seconds.
- Mix in garlic and give it a light saute.
- Add in milk and chicken bouillon cube.
- Add all of the prawns and cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.