I have a lot to tell but since this post is gonna be a quickie (as I am feeling a little under the weather), I am going to save the story telling for a later post. Today I am sharing a cool recipe. At a glance, it might be somthing that would only be popular among kids but nah, this recipe would be a hit with adults as well and I’ll tell you why.
If you are familiar with aglio-e-olio, you would know that it starts with garlic and olive oil. These two ingredients on it’s own are the quintessential in aglio-e-olio. But, if you were to add some sun-dried tomatoes + cream, you just gave the aglio-e-olio a beautiful makeover and this is the reason why adults should love it too.
The cool thing about this recipe is, we basically poke some sausages with uncooked spaghetti. Truth be told, It is not my ingenious idea, instead it’s something I found on Facebook. You know those viral videos where you keep sharing but hardly make them? Well, at least I gave this a try. One down and a few thousands left.
Anyways cocktail sausages would be cute and perfect for this but I just used what I had readily available, regular ones cut into quarters. Just remember to use good sausages. I personally used cheese sausages. Those that gives you little bursts of cheese when you bite into it!
Initially, I had a few concerns as to whether the spaghetti would break apart from the sausages while it is cooking in the water or while you are stir frying it, but nah…it held on like a champ.
If you prefer to skip poking the spaghetti through the sausages, feel free just to cook the spaghetti as it is! You can just add in the sausages after you saute the chopped garlic.
This Delicious Sausage Aglio Olio is an easy recipe and I reckon that it would be perfect for lunchboxes too. It is not only uber yummy but the “spaghetti sausages” brought it a notch up with the coolness factor as well. Totally something I would encore.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 500 g cheese sausages
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8-10 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- Red pepper flakes (I used a whole tbsp. Feel free to use less)
- ½ cup cream
- Parsley to garnish
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Poke about 5 spaghetti in each sausage. There would be some leftover spaghetti, just boil this as per normal.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add all the spaghetti and sausages and cook till the spaghetti is al-dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, add the 4 tablespoons olive oil and let it warm up
- Add in garlic and cook for a minute. Mix in the red pepper flakes and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Add the spaghetti + sausages along with ½ cup pasta water.
- Season with salt and pour in cream.
- Top with freshly chopped parsley and Parmesan.