So let’s get down to it and talk about what I like about this Delicious Pesto Naan Pizza.
I love pizzas; you know those traditional ones with a tomato sauce base, topped with mushrooms, peppers, slices of meat and lotsa cheese. This pizza however is something else. Pesto base, topped with tomatoes, pepper, onions and mozzarella. No meat in this and surprisingly, I didn’t even miss it. This is the kind of food that can turn me into a vegetarian. I mean, if lunches and dinners are going to be this delicious, why do I even need meat? Even my mom agreed that this pizza was uber delicious.
I used store-bought naan for my pizza base. Do make sure to purchase good quality ones as those are generally softer and fluffier. You can use store-bought pizza base or you can be a Rockstar and make your own pizza dough from scratch. I do urge that you make your pesto from scratch. There is really something refreshing about homemade pesto that a bottled pesto cannot replicate. Homemade pesto is a level above bottled ones for sure. Pesto can be made in numerous ways, but I always prefer traditional pesto made with basil, pine nuts, olive oil, garlic and parmesan cheese. Ever since I made my own pesto, I have never gone back to store-bought. Never again. *shakes head*
These types of pizza’s are usually called as a gourmet pizza when you purchase them at cafes/restaurants, and therefore, a tad more expensive. So, imagine being able to make this at home at a fraction of the price? You can obviously top the pizza with your favourite toppings but these were perfect as it is for me. Sometimes less is more. There is value in simplicity indeed.
If you are looking for new ways to have your pizza, then you definitely have to try this recipe. This Delicious Pesto Naan Pizza is simple to make with minimal ingredients and despite all that, it does not compromise on the flavor at all. A very tasty dinner at almost minimal expense to your wallet, you know you need to give this recipe a try.
Bring something fresh to your Saturday Pizza Night this weekend. It is going to be a hit for sure. Buon Appetito!
- 4 Naan breads
- ¾ cup pesto (homemade for best-tasting pizza or storebought for convenience)
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- ½ onion, sliced
- 4 mini peppers, sliced
- Basil and red chili flakes for topping
- 1 big bunch of fresh basil (about 70g)
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- ⅓ cup parmesan
- 2 garlic
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a food processor, pulse basil, garlic and pinenuts.
- Add parmesan, stream in olive oil and process till it emulsifies.
- If it is too thick, you can eat more olive oil or some water.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Place Naan breads on a cookie sheet and spread about 2 tbsp pesto on each bread.
- Top with tomatoes, onion, pepper and mozarella.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with basil, chili flakes and serve warm.