Hello everyone. It has been a while, hasn’t it? I had a number of recipes to share for Ramadan and Eid, but things didn’t work out as planned. Too many things were happening and I was down health-wise too.
Anyways, let’s put everything aside and admire this refreshing and delicious coconut jelly.
This Delicious Coconut Jelly is made from minimal ingredients and it is so perfect for the scorching temperature that we are currently facing in Singapore. Honestly, I have been turning on the AC a tad too much that I shudder to think about the upcoming electricity bills!!
These jellies can be made using fresh coconut water or boxed ones. I personally recommend that you use a mix of both so that you can include the coconut meat in the jelly for the added texture. It also adds extra yumminess to the jelly! You can also add more agar-agar powder if you prefer a firmer jelly but I personally favor the jelly to be soft and wobbly!
This coconut jelly is a dream. I love how it is light yet luscious. Make sure to serve it right from the fridge as these are best eaten cold. So satisfying! These jellies can be made in advance thus it is easy to make a big batch of this! Go try!
- 1500ml coconut water ( I used a mix of fresh and boxed)
- ½ - ⅔ cup sugar (depending on how sweet your coconut water is)
- 5g white agar-agar powder
- 1 cup fresh coconut meat, sliced
- 2 Pandan leaves
- Place coconut water, pandan leaves, and agar2 powder in a pot.
- Cook till agar2 is completely dissolved.
- Add sugar and let this mixture boil for a minute.
- Pour the jelly into little glasses and top with the coconut slices.
- Place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve cold.