Disclaimer: I am not liable for the number of calories consumed while eating these Delicious Cheesy Mashed Potatoes.
These are not the kind of mashed potatoes that you should consume every day. Not that you can’t but you shouldn’t just because it is so delicious and indulgent.
We are talking about butter + sour cream + cream cheese + cheddar cheese all amalgamated in ONE dish! And do not forget the mozzarella cheese topping that is grilled to golden perfection.
Even though these Delicious Cheesy Mashed Potatoes are super creamy, and rich yet they are still light and fluffy. What kinda voodoo is this?
Mashed potatoes are generally an easy and appropriate side dish when it comes to feeding a crowd, especially during Thanksgiving and Christmas. It pairs well with turkey, roasts, meatballs and even salads. Totally versatile.
The key to having smooth and creamy mashed potato is actually to rice the potatoes while they are still hot. Then you quickly incorporate the butter, cheese, and milk. For this, a potato ricer somehow does the best job.
Do give this recipe a try for Christmas to add a decadent flair to your table. It would definitely be a hit with your guests, not that you really need to share it. I mean it is very possible to eat a whole tray on your own. I haven’t tried but I know I really could.
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and quartered (About 1.2kg)
- 250g softened cream cheese
- 125g butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅔ cup milk
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic grated
- ½ teaspoon black pepper and salt to season
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese for topping
- Spring onion for topping
- Cook potatoes in a large saucepan filled with water (season with some salt) for about 20 minutes till tender. Drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash/rice the potatoes.
- Heat the milk in the microwave for about 2 minutes.
- Add butter, garlic, milk, and cream cheese to the mashed potatoes and stir until well combined.
- Mix in cheddar cheese, sour cream, onion, salt, and pepper
- Transfer to a baking dish/skillet and top with mozzarella.
- Bake at 180°c for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Garnish with spring onion and serve.