And now, I will present to you THIS.
By far this is one of my most simple recipes. 15 minutes from start to finish. It’s a krazie bowl of goodness.
My mom has been ill for 2 weeks now and most of the food was a big no for her. She either takes a small morsel and declare she is full (How can someone be full with 2 tsp of rice is beyond me) or she says she has no appetite. She actually finished a bowl of these mushrooms. Sauce included. Creamy Garlic Mushrooms, thank you for being so delicious. You just made a mother AND her daughter very happy.
It isn’t possible not to love mushrooms according to me.. What is there not to like about it?
Mushrooms are also high in nutritional value. The health benefits of mushrooms includes
- Reducing high cholesterol levels
- Good source of iron that help Anemia patients
- Strengthening immune system
- Reduce high blood pressure
- Strengthens bones as mushrooms are high in calcium
I was reading an article that Australians love their mushrooms. Apparently, four out of five people enjoy mushrooms and most of them would eat mushroom at least three times or more per week. That’s it guys. I am moving down under. And no TM (my bff), I am not taking you along despite the fact that you are head over heels in love with Australia. You hate mushrooms, remember??
You begin this dish by sauteing some garlic in a diminutive piece of butter before tossing in the mushrooms. Then you add a good splash of stock or wine and a couple of other stuffs and you let it simmer for 2-3 minutes. Voila! These mushrooms are perfect served with crusty breads where you can mop up all that yummy creamy sauce. This is perfect as a starter too, but since this is totally rocking my boat, I would skip the main dish and make this a meal itself!
Butter, fresh garlic, heavy cream and herbs. Not your typical diet food, but hey, who is on a diet?? I just wanna swim in a HUGE bowl of these!
- 250 g fresh button mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- ½ cup vegetable/chicken stock (you can also use white wine if you do consume alcohol)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- Black pepper to taste
- A fat pinch of mixed dried herbs
- Melt the butter in a frying pan. Add garlic and saute for a minute.
- Mix in the mushrooms and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in stock and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix in cream, black pepper, dried herbs and parmesan.
- Cook till sauce thicken and you can serve with crusty bread to mop up the sauce.