It is almost midnight here and I am feeling hungry just by looking at these pictures. Why do I always do this to myself? Why do I blog late at night and why do I feel that I deserve a cup of noodles right now?
Yup I am back and cup noodles are done. Calories consumed between Xmas to New year don’t count. Thank god for that!!
Anyway, back to these pics. Bruschetta is one of my favorite Italian appetizers. In fact, even my mother loves it loads! It is basically slices of toasted bread topped with tomatoes, olive oil and basil. You can rub some garlic on the toast or simply add some chopped garlic to the tomatoes. Maybe it won’t be a great idea to kiss somebody after this but who cares coz these are SUPER yummy and it won’t be your fault in case your significant other fails to appreciate your garlic breath.
Obviously, bruschetta is amazing but I wanted to make it even better. A nice spread of cream cheese takes this classic bruschetta to new heights. I mixed Philadelphia Cream Cheese with some pepper + salt + garlic powder and smeared it on slices of toasted baguette before topping it with the seasoned tomatoes. SO FREAKING GOOD!!! The whole tray of baguette slices were finished by the three of us because we loved it so much!
PLEASE do yourself a favor and try this Cream Cheese Bruschetta. This delicious appetizer is a fun way to add a little flare to the ordinary bruschetta. They’re perfect to feed big crowds as a snack or even a light lunch for the family.
- 1 French baguette, sliced
- ¼ cup + 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 large tomatoes, diced (I used Roma)
- 4 garlic, chopped
- A spring of fresh basil, chiffonade
- Black pepper + Salt to taste
- 200g block-style cream cheese, softened
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp crushed black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Place the softened cream cheese, chili flakes, black pepper and garlic powder in a small bowl and combine well. Set aside.
- Place the tomatoes, ¼ cup olive oil, garlic, salt, black pepper and basil in a bowl. Mix well and add more salt or pepper if required. Set aside..
- Place the baguette on a baking sheet and drizzle with the 3 tbsp of olive oil
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes until the bread is lightly toasted. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Spread approximately 1 teaspoon of cream cheese onto each slice of toasted bread.
- Top with about 1 tablespoons of the marinated tomatoes and serve immediately.