Check out my family’s latest obsession below. ↓
We have been encoring this Cha Bang Ang Recipe coz it is really THAT good. If you are familiar with Cendol, I would say this is even better.
Anyways, Sawadee Krap. Yes, we are “still in Thailand” and we are doing a dessert this time round.
Cha Bang Ang is a Thai dessert/drink that is very popular. I can understand the popularity as this was REALLY delicious. My family was head over heels in love with this. It is a breeze to recreate this drink at home as the ingredients are very easily available and inexpensive too! You basically need brown sugar, milk, grass jelly and basil seeds. Easy peasy y’ll.
This is such a perfect drink for Ramadan. I mean after not eating/drinking for hours, what can be better than a bowl or tall glass of this rich creamy drink with the chewy texture of the grass jelly plus some basil seeds that would literally cool you down.
I do hope you give this Cha bang Ang recipe a try as it is SO GOOD and I am sure you are going to love it! Try to make it when you are expecting guests, as I am sure they are gonna be impressed when served with a bowl of this!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp basil seeds
- 500ml fresh milk
- 250 ml evaporated milk
- 3 tbsp condensed milk
- 200g grass jelly, cut into cubes
- ½ tsp salt
- Lots of ice to serve
- Boil ½ cup of water with brown sugar. Stir until the brown sugar dissolve and become thick, set aside.
- Soak basil seed with a cup of water for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in fresh milk, evaporated milk, condensed milk and salt. Mix until combined.
- In a serving bowl, put in some ice cubes, brown sugar syrup, soaked basil seeds, grass jelly and milk mixture.
- Stir and enjoy!