Strawberries, raspberries, gooseberries, blackberries, and BLUEBERRIES! My favorite still has to be the undisputed red king aka the strawberry, whether its drizzled with some honey of served with whipped cream…it always works! As for raspberries, they just add a “Wow effect” with their presence. As for blueberries, I have to say that its the perfect all rounder. In ice creams, muffins, pancakes….etc. I just love how it “melts” into cakes and “spread” its color! 🙂 Okay a yummy recipe for everyone!!
Author: Maya Kitchenette
- 2 cup all-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup granulated Sugar
- 2.5tsp baking Powder
- 0.5tsp salt
- 2 eggs - beaten
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup melted unsalted butter or cooking oil (I used Butter)
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 cup blueberries
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture and set aside.
- In another medium mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, butter or oil, orange zest. Add egg mixture all at once to the dry mixture. Whisk lightly.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffins cups, filling each ¾ full.
- Bake in 350 oven for about 25-30 minutes or until golden.
Calories: 2835 Fat: 108g Saturated fat: 64g Unsaturated fat: 36g Trans fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 429g Sugar: 225g Sodium: 1439mg Fiber: 11g Protein: 47g Cholesterol: 631mg
I love how the blueberries seem to encircle the top of the muffin! Very pretty, Maya!
Thanks sweetie. Coming from a baker like you, that means a lot! 🙂