I don’t mean to brag, but I just ate a slice of this delicious cheesecake for dinner. Was it 2 slices? I can’t remember now. I am having a cheesecake brain attack.
Is there a more indulgent, decadent, comfort food than a cheesecake? Not just any cheesecake but a damn good one.
It is already Thursday here in Singapore and I am so eagerly waiting for my parcel from Amazon that is expected to be delivered to me today. I have lots of cool stuffs in there, all courtesy of my best friend. Colorful ramekins, books, cheeseboard and MORE! Can’t wait! Amazon is one of my favorite sites to shop and I believe I have mentioned this before. Time to offer me some royalty Amazon!
On a foodie note, I love strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, black berries and anything with an ‘errie’ in it! I can always think of the many things that I wanna make with berries. In fact in 10 seconds, I came up with these.
- Blueberry Scones
- Eton mess
- Fruit tarts
- Strawberry cheesecake
- Mixed berry jam
- Berry crumble
- Panna cotta with raspberry compote
- Blueberry crumb cake
- Blackberries trifle
Imagine if I was given an hour or the whole day for this? I would have had enough baking ideas to last me for 5 years. That’s “at- least”. Oh I also love berries with greek yogurt and a drizzle of h-u-n-n-y and don’t get me started on berries that are blended into smoothies. Sweet berries usually go in my bakes and those which are a tad too sour would make their way into my smoothies!
I went to the supermarket a few days back and saw pretty punnets of raspberries. I immediately knew that I wanted to make a cheesecake with these red tart raspberries. Not just a raspberry cheesecake but a raspberry meets white chocolate cheesecake. A duo made in heaven. The combination of white chocolate and raspberry is luxurious! Not to mention the rich flavor that comes from the chocolate crust. Although I used chocolate cookies for the base, you are more than welcome to use oreos!
Do give this White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake that starts with a chocolate crust, topped with creamy cheesecake and swirls of sweet raspberry sauce a try. Do I need to convince you more?
- 1.5 cups chocolate cookies or Oreo cookies
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 70 g butter, melted
- 200 g white chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup whipping cream
- 500 g cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, crush the chocolate/Oreo cookies and mix in the 2 tbsp of sugar and 70 g of melted butter. '
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 8 inch spring-form pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan, combine raspberries, sugar, cornstarch, and water.
- Bring to boil, and continue cooking until sauce is thick, for about 5 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate in a bowl over some gently simmering water till the chocolate is smooth. Be careful not to overheat it.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in cream and mix well for another minute.
- Slowly beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in vanilla and melted white chocolate.
- Pour ¾ of the cheese batter over crust. Spoon 3 tablespoons raspberry sauce over batter and pour remaining cheesecake batter into pan.
- Top with more raspberry and swirl batter with the tip of a knife to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until filling is set.
- Cool, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 hours before removing from pan.
Cantiknyer maya. Kalau ummi buat yg non bake boleh tak?