Hey foodies, how’s it going?
Singaporean sprinter Shanti Pereira won a historic gold medal in the women’s 200m final during the Asian Games. This achievement fills us Singaporeans with immense pride, marking our first gold medal in athletics since 1974. Yup, nearly a 50-year wait for a track and field medal at the Asian Games! I’m not a runner myself, but the thought of having a creamy cheesecake waiting for me at the finish line, I might just start running. (ponders)
So what is your idea of the perfect cheesecake? Baked or no-bake? Personally, I enjoy both! My perfect cheesecake is creamy with a slight tang, and I’m a sucker for fruit toppings, especially berries. The freshness of the fruits perfectly complements the richness of the cheesecake.
No-bake cheesecakes are my preferred dessert choice when I don’t feel like baking but still want to leave a lasting impression on my guests. I love that I can make them the night before and just serve them cold the next day.
I’m excited to share my No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Parfait recipe with you. I believe no-bake cheesecakes are the perfect choice when time is limited or you’d rather avoid using the oven. They’re also typically easier to make than baked cheesecakes, so they’re a good choice if you’re new to cheesecake making.
Imagine layers of buttery graham cracker crumbs, fresh strawberries macerated in jam, and a creamy cheesecake filling. This recipe is sure to impress! You can also macerate the strawberries in sugar instead of jam. I prefer to use jam because it gives the strawberries a nice shine and helps to prevent them from becoming too watery. Oh, if you want to make this healthier, consider sneaking in some Greek yogurt into the filling – it’ll remain incredibly delicious!
You can make these parfaits with whatever fruits you like, such as blackberries, cherries, peaches, or even apple pie filling. If you’re not a fan of fruit, you can use caramel, chocolate sauce, or even Nutella. You can assemble the parfaits in a large trifle bowl, but I prefer to assemble them in individual glasses or jars because they just look so cute!
These Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits are a tasty and refreshing dessert suitable for any occasion. The combination of fresh strawberries, creamy cheesecake filling, and crushed graham crackers is simply irresistible. I promise everyone will love them! (Speaking from experience!)
- 400g fresh strawberries
- 3 tbsp strawberry jam
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1.5 cup digestive/graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 300g cream cheese softened
- ½ cup whipped cream
- ⅓ to ½ cup sweetened condensed milk (depending how sweet you like your cheesecake to be)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt the butter in the microwave. Combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in a bowl, and stir until the crumbs are moistened. Set aside.
- Remove and discard the stems from the strawberries, then cut the strawberries into halves/quarters depending on their size.
- Toss with the strawberry jam and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the cream cheese, condensed milk, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer for about a minute or till smooth.
- Add whipping cream and whip for another 20 seconds or till well combined. Add lemon zest and give it a good mix.
- To assemble: Place a few spoonful's of the cheesecake mixture into the bottom of a glass. Next. add a layer of the graham cracker crumbs. Top that with a layer of the strawberries. Repeat with one more of each layer.
- Chill the parfaits for a few hours in the fridge or overnight.