By now, you would have known that oatmeal is good for your body. Whether it’s steel-cut, rolled or quick cooking, oatmeal is healthy for you. Rich in fiber, eases the insulin response, and benefits gut health. It also promotes fullness, which makes it a great food to eat at Suhoor during Ramadan. For me, oats are the perfect breakfast food and this Peach Cinnamon Oatmeal recipe is a keeper.
Today I am sharing a delicious oatmeal recipe that tastes a leeetle bit like dessert. Maybe not that little after all, since my niece declared that she savored this one far more than the oatmeal she usually takes. (Not sure from where!)
Peaches are delicious in oatmeal. Personally I used fresh peaches, but feel free to swap to canned peaches if fresh is not available. At least you would be having the real deal than those oatmeal packets containing artificial peaches.
This Peach Cinnamon Oatmeal is delicious, full with essential vitamins, fiber and protein. Definitely a healthy, delicious way to mix up your morning routine. Give it a try!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1½ cups diced peaches (Fresh or canned)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar (Or honey)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 1.5 cups water
- 1.5 cups milk
- ¼ chopped walnuts (optional)
- Sliced peaches
- Brown sugar
- Chopped walnuts
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium high heat.
- Add peaches and cook for a minute.
- Add in brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, water and milk.
- Once it reaches a boil, gradually add oats. Cook, stirring occasionally for 3-5 more minutes
- Add the walnuts (if using), and continue cooking until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Divide the oatmeal between 4 bowls and top with peaches, brown sugar and walnut.
- Splash a little milk in each bowl if you prefer it more loose.