This pretty lil’ thang can go 2 ways ↔
Yup, this Chocolate Overnight Oatmeal Smoothie can be savored either cold or hot.
You might be thinking, a hot smoothie???
Well, let’s just say when it’s hot, it is pretty close to a hot chocolate. Thick, creamy, delicious and you can be assured that this is HEALTHY too. Chocolate lovers rejoice!!
I’ve been trying to figure out more ways to sneak healthy food in my daily meals, especially for the past 2 weeks, as they have been filled with occasional burgers and frappes from MCdees, and that carrot cake from Cedele, which I am still dreaming about. ????
People who are vegans, I am really in awe of you. The idea fascinates me, but it is not feasible. I sure can go vegan a few days in a week, but to completely give up things like cheese, butter, milk are so beyond me. I think for a beginner, it is easier to eat healthier when you don’t try too hard. It involves a little more than just pushing green smoothie down your throat or chowing down on a bowl of salad. I personally find making substitutes easier. For example, I would use some mustard instead of mayonnaise.
Other easy substitutes would be:
Sour cream —> Greek yogurt
Chocolate chips —> Cacao nibs
Fruit juices —> Coconut water
Potato Chips —> Baked nuts
Easy enough, right?
Anyways, back to this ↓
Although I am more of a moo-moo milk ???? (Read: cow’s milk) kinda person, yet you are more than free to use the milk of your choice. You can use almond milk, soy milk to make it completely vegan. Just as I said earlier, this smoothie can be served either cold or hot. You just need to reheat it in the microwave or over the stove for a bit. I really love the fact that this smoothie uses oats to give it the creamy and thick consistency that is required. A smoothie that is delicious and with an added nutritional boost. Are you sold?
This Chocolate Overnight Oatmeal Smoothie really makes the perfect kickoff to your day. If you satiate your body with healthy nutrients to start the day, you’ll be paid back with more energy throughout the daytime. More energy equals to a more productive day. Always good, my friend, always good.
- 1.5 cups milk of your choice
- 1 heap Tbsp nut butter (I used almond butter) - optional
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt
- Shaved chocolate
- The night before, add all ingredients to the bowl/mug and give it a good stir. Cover and place it in the fridge overnight or at least for 3 hours. (This step is actually optional but allowing the oats to soak for a few hours will make them easier to blend and give you a smoother smoothie)
- When ready to consume, blend the mixture until smooth.
- If you prefer to consume it warm, transfer the smoothie to a small saucepan set over medium heat. You can also heat the smoothie in the microwave.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy.