I’ve become a bit of a carrot addict lately. No, I do not munch away to carrots like how BUGS Bunny would. In fact, I am not a huge fan of raw carrots. I do not mind bits of pieces here and there, but I am definitely not one of those people who munch on carrot sticks.
I like carrots in soups and stews, or even grilled.
Off late, I am in love with the carrot juice. I recently bought a packet of 100% carrot juice and I have been adding it to all kinds fruits to come up with something refreshingly new! You can obviously, juice your own carrots, but this package juice was just too convenient.
Benefits of carrots, if you do not know.
- Carrots are well known to be rich in beta carotene.
- They’re packed with vitamins and minerals.
- A great source of dietary fiber.
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Protects vision
- Promotes healthy glowing skin.
- Vitamin A assists the liver in flushing out the toxins from the body
- Healthy teeth and gums. Carrots clean your teeth and mouth. They scrape off plaque and food particles.
I was fiddling round with a few recipes and managed to come up with a nice one. How delicious does this look?
It is a blend of carrot juice, mandarin oranges, banana and Greek yogurt. Even my mom gave the thumbs up to this! You can either use ready-made carrot juice or you can extract the juice of the carrots from scratch. Alternatively, If you own a good blender, you can easily combine the carrot on high till smooth!
A healthy smoothie for healthy eyes! I am in love with this Orange and Carrot Smoothie. This charmer is sure to please those who are in search of a healthy smoothie as it is full of nutrients and likewise good for you. What more does a girl need, really? Chanel and Tiffany not included.
- 2 cup carrot juice
- 1 cup mandarin oranges
- 1 large banana or 2 small (frozen would be better)
- ⅔ cup Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp agave - optional (you can also use honey or sugar)
- ½ cup Ice cubes
- Place the carrot juice, mandarin oranges, banana, Greek yogurt, ice and agave in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and frothy.
- Serve immediately.