Hey there lovelies! I hope you all have a sweet tooth, as I’m about to share a delightful treat with you today!
This Non-Baked Batik Cake with Chocolate Ganache recipe is just as delightful as it is hassle-free. It’s especially perfect for those who aren’t comfortable with baking or don’t have an oven to work with.
Before we dive into this chocolatey wonder, let’s quickly run through the ingredients. The main ingredients would be the Marie biscuits which form the layers and foundation of our cake. We will also need some butter, and I am a huge fan of salted butter over the unsalted kind. You know a recipe is promising when it involves condensed milk as one of its ingredients. Yes, that sweet, gooey, and oh-so-creamy magical milk will add a touch of indulgence to our creation! We would also be needing milo and cocoa powder and this is where all the fun begins. So basically you cook these ingredients along with a few others, place everything in a tray, and let it firm up in the fridge. We pour a topping made from chocolate and whipping cream. YES, more chocolate goodness!!
For the best results, it’s ideal to make this cake a day in advance, as the Marie biscuits will become soft, giving it that cakey texture.
This No-Bake Batik Cake with Chocolate Ganache is always a hit during Eid, and it makes a fantastic dessert for tea as well! I hope you give this recipe a try and I would love to see your tasty creations if you do! Tag me @mayakitchenette on Instagram if you do!!
- 300g Marie biscuits
- 100g salted butter
- 80g condensed milk
- 60g milo powder
- 30g cocoa powder
- 50 ml water
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 120g whipping cream
- 120 dark chocolate
- Crush biscuits into quarters. Set aside.
- Prepare a cake pan by lining it with parchment paper. I used a 21cm x 9cm loaf pan.
- In a medium wok, add milo, cocoa powder, condensed milk, eggs, butter, vanilla, and water. Melt over low heat.
- Once everything has melted and it thickens to the consistency of hot fudge, add crushed biscuits.
- Mix well for 2-3 minutes. Once done, pour into the prepared loaf pan. Flatten top and chill for an hour.
- Melt chocolate in a microwaveable bowl. Once melted, add room-temperature whipping cream and give this ganache a good mix.
- Pour ganache over cake. Let this refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.