Hello beautiful people! I hope you guys are doing well. Just dropping in for a quick update and to share a simple yet yumsss recipe.
We are about 5 weeks away from Ramadan. Have always loved and enjoyed the vibes during Ramadan but after losing my brother in Ramadan itself, it is now a roller coaster of emotions and memories.
Anyways, let’s talk potatoes! These lemon parmesan garlic roasted potatoes are delicious and make an excellent side dish with almost everything! Wings, grilled fish, or even a good steak. I would just happily eat a bowl of these!
You can pretty much use any type of potato for this recipe. I generally prefer russet or red potatoes. I love to bake my potatoes for a longer time as I really like them to be fluffy on the inside. This recipe uses both olive oil and butter to coat them, thus it really helps them get that deep golden brown. Oh, at times I would even add a carrot or 2! In fact, you can add other veggies along with these potatoes. These go incredibly well with pumpkin and sweet potatoes too.
Do give these Lemon Parmesan Roasted Potatoes a try as it takes about 15 minutes to prepare and 45 minutes to roast. I also made a dip to go with these. It is totally optional but I love how these potatoes pair wonderfully well with the creamy dip!
- 1kg potatoes (washed and cut into quarters or thick wedges)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp rosemary
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 4 large cloves garlic (minced)
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley for garnishing
- 3 tbsp Greek/plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- *add a little water to the sauce if it is too thick
- Combine all of the ingredients for the dip and keep in the fridge till ready to serve
- Heat the oven to 190. C
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl.
- Toss the potatoes with olive oil, butter, salt, rosemary, paprika, black pepper, garlic, lemon juice, zest, parmesan and parsley.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes and then give the potatoes a quick toss.
- Return them to the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender and golden brown.
- Toss with the extra parsley leaves before serving.