I gave myself a break this week. I needed it. Started to feel a little under the weather. I needed to de-stress a bit today and what can be better than baking for leisure? I don’t really eat cakes much but I love the process of making it. Totally therapeutic. I had a couple of lemons in the fridge and yes, if not for this sore-throat, I would have made lemonade and then toast to better days.
Since that wasn’t gonna happen. I made Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Frosting instead. These were inspired by Pierre Herme and the recipe was really easy. I kept it rustic yet feminine. With a cup of tea, I think it is quintessentially English…no?
- 3½ cups self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 8 oz fresh milk
- 1 carton dairy sour cream ( 8 oz)
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 50g butter, softened
- 1 cup sifted icing-sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Milk (2 to 3 teaspoons if necessary)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Using a mixer, cream butter till pale.
- Add in icing sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and continue beating till smooth and creamy.
- If the consistency is too thick, add milk.
- Mix in lemon zest.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F (180 C).
- Line thirty 2½-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add granulated sugar and vanilla; beat until well mixed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in flour mixture, sour cream and milk alternately to beaten mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- Fold in lemon peel.
- Spoon about ¼ cup of the batter into each prepared muffin cup.
- Bake in preheated oven about 18 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
what you called this cake?..
they looked so lembut & definitely sedap ni….masuk my long list!!!
Great dish for family on the go! So simple yet nutritiuos. Great for home-cooking too.
Its lemon cupcakes. You can use cream cheese frosting. And yes, its really soft n gebu 🙂